A Platelet-Rich Plasma facial, otherwise known as a PRP facial, rejuvenates the face and even smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles.
While there are many creams, lotions, and peels on the market to combat aging, many contain chemicals that may not be beneficial to long-term health. Even proven anti-wrinkle treatments like Botox and fillers contain numerous unhealthy additives that may do more harm than good.
On the other hand, PRP facials are completely natural. Why? Because they use the patient’s own blood, so it’s a safe and effective alternative to piling chemicals or potentially unsafe treatments on the skin. This is how a PRP facial works: one vial of blood is taken from your arm. Next, the vial is placed in a centrifuge to separate the blood from the plasma. The plasma is what is used in the facial since it contains 3-5 times more platelets than the blood itself. The platelets are then injected into the face or neck. Minimal adverse reactions occur since the treatment is made of your own blood products, thereby making it a safe and effective way to rejuvenate the skin.
Who Benefits from PRP Facial Rejuvenation?
PRP facials work because the injection of the platelets into the skin stimulates a stem cell response by the body. This stimulation works to encourage new collagen and blood vessels to go to the injection site, thereby restoring and rejuvenating the skin.
Anyone can benefit from platelet-rich plasma facials, since there is minimal risk involved and the facials use the patient’s own blood, so there’s no fear of a reaction from chemicals or additives. Here are some of the benefits that PRP facial recipients will experience:
- Less noticeable lines on the face and neck. PRP facials work by stimulating collagen production in these areas, ultimately plumping out the lines and wrinkles.
- Even skin tone. As more blood vessels are formed after a PRP facial, this gives the skin a more even tone.
- Scar fading. Even old acne scars can be minimized with PRP facial treatments.
- Lower incidence of acne. Due to more blood flow to the face, acne is less common after a PRP facial.
- Reversing and slowing down the signs of aging. While PRP facials aim to repair the face, they can also encourage collagen and blood vessel stimulation to ultimately turn back time on the skin of the face and neck.
PRP Facial Procedure
KOI Wellbeing uses the Eclipse MicroPen to inject the platelet-rich plasma into the skin. This tool also helps stimulate the tissue underneath the skin. Typically, the facial lasts for 30 to 60 minutes.
Most patients undergo multiple PRP facials, and most see benefits after two treatments. Just like any beauty treatment, consistency is key, so book regular PRP facials to see continuous skin improvement.
If you seek a way to naturally increase collagen production and erase fine lines, contact KOI Wellbeing to find out more. Call today for an appointment: (858) 257-2808.